The Emiratis and expatriates can now apply for birth and death certificates without visiting any government office or typing center. The new process that is available online is hassle-free and quick that provides issued documents within one working day.
On Thursday, The Ministry of Health and Prevention ((Mohap) declared the digital service launch to facilitate the procedures and deliver efficient services to the customers.
Besides, with this new service, the residents can file a request and pay a fee of Dh60 for each certificate.
Applying birth certificate online in the UAE
Required documents for ex-pats
- Birth notification
- Identity cards or passports of mother and father, if any
- Marriage documents or documents of declaration from the parents to ascribe the newborn to them should be certified by the embassy of the country to which they belong.
- A letter from the court addressing that delivery took place at home, with the date and place of birth and parent’s name.
If a child is born in UAE with a non-resident father non-resident in the country, the following documents are required.
- Certified marriage contract
- Declaration from the wife confirming the continuation of the marriage.
- A certified copy of the husband’s passport, a letter from the embassy addressing the father’s nationality, or a declaration from the husband testified by the embassy of the country establishing his parental relationship with the child.
- Original and copy of the parent’s marriage certificate for the first national child ( if the marriage occurred outside the UAE).
- Originals and copies of passports and IDs of parents.
- Copy and original of the family book
- In case of birth abroad, the following documents are required in addition to the above.
- Birth certificate by. UAE embassy in the country of birth and the UAE Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
Application fee of Dh60 for issuing the certificate in Arabic or English
The process when applying through the Mohap website:
- Send an SMS with the notification number and the location of the service provider
- Sign in to e-services, enter username and password, and log into the
- Apply via e- system and pay the fees online
- Get the certificate delivered or visit the public health center in the same emirate to verify documents.
If using WhatsApp, the certificate will be issued electronically.